The first rule for this award, is to link to and thank who nominated me. So thank you Ari for this award! Though I figure I can still put the title on my awards page and a clipping from the post. Plus, I like to contribute to an expanding bloggers community, and I always find these interesting, so yes, you talked me into it. Thank you Ari! Here is Ari’s link: https://lasamaritanablog.wordpress.com/2016/04/05/liebster-award/ Go there to read the rules, if I have nominated you…
Eleven random facts about myself
- I was raised on Mac. and cheese, puffed wheat, and peanut butter sandwiches.
- I like to sleep in the buff.
- I quit smoking and drinking, exercise regularly, take supplements and eat a proper, healthy diet. I had to live for 60 years before doing something for myself!
- I always wear shorts in the house; even in the winter. It makes me feel like I’m always on vacation!
- Have always been a tea drinker. I’m not the 9 to 5 type. Coffee helps them reach the future much faster than I do!
- I firmly believe that the early bird does indeed catch the worm. However, I am neither a bird or a worm, so don’t call me ’till noon!
- I’ve always wanted to do paintings and illustrations, but I’m afraid because my hand shakes with a 7.9 reading on the rectum scale!
- My favorite color? We hominids can see 22 million colors, so I find the question a tad perplexing. Although, I’m mesmerized by the blue flame in fire, so navy blue, grey? See through navy blue? Very dark blue! No! Puke green! No! Turquoise!
- I have very high powers of concentration and determination, but nothing interests me.
- Sometimes I wish I were dead, but in a nice way; I’d like to be a decoration for someones livingroom!
- I wanted to become an Astronomer, but wasted time wandering about in a futile maze of crummy reruns! fortunately for me, the stars are still up there…
Eleven Questions From My Nominator
- What is one of the hardest life lessons you ever had to learn? I should not be so trusting! All my life people would rip me off and I would never get the point that very few people ever care about people as much as money… Twice I got $10,000 together to get a 2,500 mm lens for photography, and twice I was ripped off by supposed friends and family respectively. So never give someone something to hang onto unless you can afford to part with it… I lost that career, yet I still am enthusiastic to take pictures; except now I have to use those dinky, little things called: ‘A camera.’
- Thinking back to your 10-year-old self, what did you want to be when you ‘grew up’, and why? Simple! I’ve wanted to be an Astronomer since I was seven years old. My friends would all watch me from afar, saying: ‘Watch Darrell! He’s going to bump into that pole over there!’ And sure enough, I would, because I was always looking up at the night sky! Naturally, I wanted to discover black holes, find exoplanets, solve riddles about our universe! The bigger attractor was the shere size and distance of stars and galaxies, and all the bizarre stuff out there, in the vastness of my kitchen… The word ‘Astronomy’ means ‘measurement.’
- What would be your DREAM job and why? I think, traveling all over the world, meeting people and taking pictures for some artsy fartsy magazine! I think it would make me become more worldly, and there are just too many places I haven’t seen! I’d cut off both my arms and legs, and live as a stump for the opportunity!
- If you could relive one really fun, happy moment in your life, which one would that be? I won a ‘stone face’ award for making an audience laugh ’till they pee their pants! Two science classes were picked to go to a science school for two weeks. Each team of 10 people had 10 days to make up a funny skit. I did my own, on the spot, using only one person, and I won! I was only 14… But it was a moment of fame!
- What is an activity you want to try out, but have been afraid or nervous to? I’ve always wanted to be a Superhero, but I’m a little nervous about showing up in tights! I’d use my super powers of phony baloney, to rob from the rich and give to myself for superhero equipment, like spandex that won’t rip, a secret decoder ring, and laser powered eyeballs! Plus, I’d need a phone booth to hide out in…
- If your life were a movie, what would be the name of it, and who would you cast to play YOU? ‘Spartacus 2030’… Brad Pitt would play me! I would be Spartacus of corpse…
- What accomplishment are you most proud of? Making people laugh! It’s a sad and dangerous world we live in! Someone to lighten up the mood relieves stress. Don’t you think? If we could only teach others not to take their lives so seriously, they’d all live 20 years longer! If I could add a single minute to a single life, I would be proud of that!
- What do you think is a serious problem facing your community today? Drug abuse, definitely! I actually found out the average life expectancy for males in this town. It’s 38! Can you believe that?
- Who are 3 public figures you would be thrilled to have dinner with, and why? Mick Jagger, Anne Lennox, Paul Mc. Cartney, because they’re Musicians and Musicians are interesting people…
- What are 4 of your all-time favorite songs? ‘Hotel California’ – The Eagles, ‘I talk to The Wind’ – King Crimson, ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ – Queen, ‘Yesterday’ – The Beatles
- Where is your go-to happy place (somewhere you would take off to in a moment’s notice, assuming time and money are not an issue)? The beach is only 5 minutes walk from here. There’s another place near there, where you cross a bridge and a field… If you sit on the side of the big, old, willow tree facing the water, nobody can see you. It’s where I go to find my inner peace…
I Nominate These 11 Bloggers
11 Questions for You
- Describe the happiest moment in your life.
- Describe the most fearful moment in your life.
- Name three movies you would watch a second time.
- If you could be any animal on Earth, what one would you be, and why?
- What is the worst job or task you’ve ever had to do?
- Make three wishes…
- What would you do with 1 million dollars?
- What is your favorite food?
- If you could start again, what career would you choose, and why?
- What country would you visit and why?
- What’s your favorite fragrance?
Those who fulfull the conditions of the award may take their choice between either of these award logos… And remember, these things are meant to be enjoyed! Liebster is a German word. – the word “liebster” has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, sweetheart and boyfriend (really?)